Looking for a movie to watch while I prepare to put my zine together, a compilation of stories about nightmares and sleep disorders, I pawed through my DVD collection and noticed that it's weird. On their own, none of the DVDs is especially weird necessarily, but put together they make it obvious that my taste is generally macabre, or if not macabre, at least nihilistic.
Here is a list:
Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Vol. 1
Black Swan
Blade
Cube
Enemy Mine
Firefly, The Complete Series
Girl, Interrupted
Heathers
Hedwig and The Angry Inch
Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows, Part 2
Kill Bill, both volumes
Labyrinth
Margaret Cho: I'm The One That I Want
Matrix
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Noriko's Dinner Table
Princess Mononoke
Pulp Fiction
Sarah Silverman: Jesus is Magic
Serial Experiments Lain
She's The Man
Suicide Club
The Hunger Games
The Last Unicorn
Zombieland
No wonder I never have dates over! All of the movies I own are too introspective, and often too gruesome to watch with a date. They're not even reliable as background for making out, because who really wants their kissing to be interrupted every five minutes by horrible screams of people being dismembered, or by Margaret Cho detailing her fisting experiences?
This isn't even a complete list of what I own. I left out the Amazon Instant videos I own, which includes all of the other Harry Potter movies, Pitch Black, Hard Candy, and Mary Antoinette (this is a partial list). Who wants to make out to a fourteen year-old girl castrating a pedophile, or another fourteen year-old girl desperately trying to get laid so her marriage won't be annulled? I had a date over to watch some Harry Potter once, but that really didn't set the mood and she drank until she nearly passed out.
I'm not even sure what kind of movies would set the mood, but the main point here is that I don't really have a collection which would inspire people to hang out and watch movies at my apartment. I'd be willing to take suggestions for happy-fun-times movies.
No comments:
Post a Comment